The speech was about “ Homeopathy “ and the difference between Homeopathy and conventional medicines , and what can Homeopathy treat ?
What is Homeopathy?
· Homeopathy seeks to stimulate the body's ability to heal itself by giving very small doses of highly diluted substances. • Homeopathy is an Alternative Medicine developed by Dr. Samuel Hahnemann (1755-1843), a German physician.
• It is based on the principle that “like cures like”; his idea is referred to as the “Law of Similars”.
It means that any substance, which can produce symptoms in a healthy person, can cure similar symptoms in a person who is sick.
· Never Been Well Since Concept
If a patient has not had good health since a particular event (death of a loved one, a divorce), they may still need the remedy today that would have been needed at the time of the incident.
Homeopathy can help in Acute and Chronic Physical ailments, as well as psychological and emotional imbalances.
Difference between Homeopathy and Conventional Medicine
· Instead of trying to stop the cough with suppressants, as conventional medicine does, a homeopath will give a remedy that will cause a similar cough in a healthy person.
• In homeopathy, health is much more than that. A healthy person is a person who is free on all levels: physical, emotional, and mental.
• If the medication is withdrawn, however, the person returns to illness. There has been no cure. A person who takes a pill for high blood pressure every day is not undergoing a cure but is only controlling the symptoms. Homeopathy’s aim is the cure!
What Does the Homeopath view his / her patient?
• Homeopaths treat people based on genetic and personal health history, body type, and current physical, emotional, and mental symptoms.
• Everything about our health is interconnected.
• All remedies are derived from natural substances that come from plants, minerals, or animals.
• Effective - results can be rapid, complete and permanent.
• Safe - even babies and pregnant women can use Homeopathy without the danger of side effects.
• Remedies can also be taken alongside other medication without producing unwanted side effects.
• Not Addictive - once relief is felt, it’s discontinued easily.
• Holistic - It treats the human being as a whole.